Clare has developed a career coaching process to help people assess their career and help them find out what is their true career path. The process is called ‘second curve of your career’ (influenced by Charles Handy), and is about looking at your career usually after already working for a few years and taking some time to assess what it is that you really want to do. The aim is to work on a career that you can take personal responsibility for, rather than relaying on your employer or organisation. Her interest started in helping people who were facing retirement but still wanted to work, however her client base expanded to people of all ages. There are many people who are looking to create a career that will last them for their whole life and will meet their own personal values and goals. Do any of the following questions resonate with you?
- Would you like to find out what work will make you happy?
- Do you feel stuck in a rut in your current job and unsure of what else you can do?
- Would you like to look at alternative ways of working rather than the corporate life such as “portfolio career”, go self-employed, turn a hobby into a business, become a consultant?
- Do you have lots of ideas for what you could do but unsure on how to implement them?
- Are you about to be made redundant or face early retirement, but still want to work?
- Would you like to increase your self awareness and tackle the challenges that are holding you back from making career changes?
- And what about retirement? Will you carry on doing what you love, take up new hobbies, do voluntary work, simply laze in the sun? Does it make a difference that you’re likely to be working, at least part-time, beyond the current retirement age of 60-65?
For more information click here.
It is time to prepare yourself for your second curve of your career…!!!!!
To be able to make career transitions effectively, a journey of self awareness development is critical. Clare will support your self awareness development and assist with understanding the career paths that will meet your values and identity. The process will assist with really finding out who you are and what work will be the best match for your happiness and satisfaction, and help you make a successful transition to the career that is truly suited to you. The coaching will cover the following modules
Clare works with many individuals who are facing career “challenges” and want to explore their options. Most career guidance is aimed at starting a new career or finding the “perfect job”. Clare’s model takes an holistic look at the whole person and she mainly works with people who are looking at that second (or even third or fourth) career. Often people Clare works with have no clear idea about what the right career is for them, and through this process is able to support them in discovering the right path for their career journey. For further information please contact Clare.
This new career coaching model also explores many emerging career options available that will provide an alternative to relying completely on one employer, these options are as follows
- Portfolio Career
- Redesigning your existing career
- Part time work
- Boundary less career
- Self employment
- Interim Management
Clare also uses this theory to work with with Corporate clients helping HR and Line Managers prepare their development and coaching to meet the needs for executive coaching, leadership development and career transitions. Please contact Clare for more information
Clare is based in Altrincham, Cheshire and is available to meet in Cheshire, Manchester or the North West for career coaching or executive coaching sessions.